Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pentas Top Flower Producer For The Summer Months

When I first moved to Sarasota I remember it took some time to get use to what flowering plants would flourish in our summer heat.

Out of all the different plants I have tried and failed with, Pentas are on the top of my list for areas that get full sun all day. I like to to do mass plantings with Pentas so I have huge areas of color in my beds.


The front of my house gets sun all day. They are able to handle all day sun and our hot summer temperatures.  I have grown them as perennials and I cut them back every spring and they grow back beautifully.  They also attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden and are drought tolerant. 

If you are dealing with a landscape area that gets all day Florida sun you can't go wrong planting Pentas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment